Wednesday, April 15, 2015

It's Easy! Making a digital story as a learning tool

How convenient! Recently, I have tried to make a photo story on the website. Actually, at first, I felt overwhelming before trying it. There are a lot of photo story tools and I chose ‘Animoto’ to create a story because, simply, I liked the name. 

According to Wikipedia, Animoto is a cloud-based video creation service that produces video from photos, video clips, and music into video slideshows. Moreover, this sophisticated tool can be used in education for countless projects and presentations. Students can use the tool to present a concept. A teacher could use the video not only as an introduction to a lesson but also as the tool to teach a concept or the tool itself to other educators. I think this tool is very elaborate but user-friendly. It takes minutes to create the video. I just simply add pictures, text, and the music. That’s all!




In my future class, I will definitely introduce students this nice tool. As I crated, I will assign some contexts to students and ask them to create a short clip related to the topic. For example, if a student is assigned a travel agency, the student might create a clip to introduce some places for vacation or to introduce a travel schedule targeting clients or tour members. In my video, I introduced my school with some features targeting new students. Finally, they will be asked to present their video with explaining details such as target audiences, reasons, purpose, and so on. Also they will submit an essay to write the information of one peer’s presentation clearly. Through these two outputs, I can assess how appropriate they produce and convey the information based on the assigned topic as well as their clear understanding about their peer’s presentation.  


Performance indicator – ESL.E.2-4.1.1.7:
   Students present information clearly in a variety of oral and written forms for different    audiences and purposes related to all academic content areas.

▶ Link of my photo story : My School, My UB




1 comment: