Thursday, February 12, 2015

Are you in Social Media?

Video clip -> SocialMedia Revolution 2011





I expected that a large number of people involved in social media such as Face book, Google, etc. However, according to this video, it is quite REVOLUTION!!! 


More than 90% of marketers use social media, which means many people are exposed to social media! Social media is powerful tools that allow people to create, share or exchange information, ideas, pictures and videos in virtual communities and networks. Furthermore, social media depend on mobile and web-based technologies to create highly interactive platforms through which individuals and communities share, co-create, discuss, and modify user-generated content. They introduce substantial and pervasive changes to communication between businesses,organizations, communities, and individuals. 


For instance, looking back on my daily life, I always carry and pay  attention to an iphone in my hand, texting about my concerns or interests of everyday and sharing it with others. There are a bunch of apps I can enjoy and sometimes, I post dinner food on the plate in the nice restaurant. It seems to be that I cannot live without my electronic device. My opinion from this clip is that our life styles have been changing, so our education may reflect this major society issue!  







3 comments:

  1. I was fully shocked by this video clip! I could not even think how huge the influence of social media is! The thing is that we need to realize social media’s frighteningly huge influence on us and adapt this environment. Change is always scary to who don’t want to be changed.^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have definitely captured the essence of the video in your post. However, I think that this line from your post is not quite accurate. "More than 90% of marketers use social media, which means most of humans on the earth involve in social media." Marketers represent a small segment of humanity, so even though 90% of them use social media, that does not mean that 90% of humanity does. There are still many parts of the world where people struggle to find enough to eat and they do not worry about social media. Perhaps your wording did not truly represent what you meant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although this video is short, it reveals clearly how powerful is social media. It is so dominant that we cannot overlook it. So the only choice is to catch up with the trend; make good use of the powerful tool.

    ReplyDelete