Friday, February 20, 2015

DIIGO and Pinterest

  DIIGO and Pinterest are interesting and useful tools for teaching. I think that both of them provide various functions and even their looking is sophisticating and fabulous! To compare those two programs, I would like to emphasize each of main fancy.
  First of all, DIIGO is one of the most powerful research tools as a knowledge-sharing community. When I encountered DIIGO at the first time, I liked the term ‘my library’ because it seems to be a personal knowledge management with multi tools. The function I was impressed from the website is that I can use multiple tags with highlights(annotation tools) and people can post comments to share ideas like a blog. Moreover, it provides a messenger program so I can manage my network with following others and send a message to people who I follow. Handling all functions such as posting the article managing multi tags and organizing information was easy.
  On the other hand, Pinterest is also a great online program which is a visual discovery tool that we can use to find ideas for all projects and interests. Personally, Pinterest is more focused on visual aspect and the interface of Pinterest is more user-friendly than DIIGO. At first, I can set my various interests and Pinterest provides some recommends related to my interests. Like DIIGO, I can organize the articles and information easily with pins. Also, with one mouse click, I can follow other’s board or articles!

  I am glad to know these programs and, obviously, would like to keep utilizing these fantastic online tools for my teaching. This is because these tools are able to motivate learners to get involved in studying with various ways. Therefore, by using these tools, I will be able to not only help my students, but also develop my teaching career. 



1 comment:

  1. I hope that you do continue to add links to your accounts. It should make your academic and professional life easier.

    ReplyDelete